The Paseo: Taos Fall Arts show 2016

Happy First Day of Fall. ;} 9/22

I was asked what Art show I was talking about and forgot to mention where and when it is at.

If you are near the Northern New Mexico area and are free this Friday & Saturday is the opening night of the Annual Fall Arts show and Paseo.

In tandem with the Fall Arts show, since the 40th annual Fall Arts show the board decided to do this event called the Paseo. The Paseo is a series of installation artwork with lights along the street Paseo del Sur and in the iconic Taos Plaza.





For more info:

https://paseoproject.org/

https://www.newmexico.org/event/?eid=30110

http://taos.org/what-to-do/arts-culture/festivals/the-paseo/

http://www.taosfallarts.com/















The first annual Paseo I took my roommate at the time and Beefcake (I've always had a penchant for naming guys my friends and I like). Then last year all the people I invited bailed out on me. :< . One friend he did call me to see if I wanted to hang out but it was on encore night...The night I wasn't there doing 3-D work at home. Sigh. But I met a lot of friends along the way to make up for that




I also one I ran out of time last time. I went there really late and had a few hours to network socialize and look at the installations. I tend to go when it gets dark. Not when the show first opens.









I just realized we changed the date of when our Portrait Group will do a demonstration at the Guadalupe Gym where the select show is hosted. On Oct 1 we will paint live from a model from 10am-1pm. Also it turns out that day I volunteered to be a host is from 2pm-6pm. My entire day will be spent there. So visit or say hi.


I am one of those people who really don't take that much pictures at any event.

I don't get how some people photograph every single second or take a million selfies. It's like you aren't even present. I've been with some people at events where everyone is on there phone saying on facebook where they are at but aren't being fun or unresponsive in person. Boring.

I like to enjoy the moment maybe take 1-3 pictures proving I went someplace.
Unless it is Bryce Canyon at night I won't take a whole bunch of pictures. I like to enjoy the moment be present and store that event in my memories.





From the 1st annual. Taken from a 
crappy cellphone. The Alcatel. 








Classick

0 comments:

Post a Comment