Ipad & Clip Studio Paint Sketches




Careful what you wish for eh? This past week I've been busy with a project that one of my clients wanted to accelerate the completion. Despite working on my own terms the project, various paperwork, deep cleaning and running errands for friends have been keeping me busy.

I like the idea of being home, with the option to go out...but this is not what I envisioned!
Interesting how this crisis either brings out the best and worst of mankind. Close in personal relationships we have taken advantage of. One cool thing is more people actually answer me better and quicker with texts than before! Yay! One plus! 

With everything going on right now, the last few days I have been more relaxed and focused to fully commit to drawing. I'm doing my part in self quaranting. Crazy how in the span of a week to two that everything has changed because of this virus!



The other week I purchased Clip Studio Paint Pro half off for $25! It was an offer I could not refuse.
The pro version is normally $50 and EX $199. I didn't get Ex despite that being on sale as well. I don't do animation or interested in learning. There are more features on EX than just that. Maybe in the future I'll update my version if it goes on sale.

They also have an ipad app, which I started the Mayura sketch on.
I'm not really familiar with the interface yet, but some of the shortcuts are similar to photoshop.


I like starting a sketch on the ipad and then exporting it.

This is fan art from the game Oninaki. I just beat it and got the platinum trophy. The game is pretty but its like a B movie but in game. This game could've been better with writing and execution.

I liked Mayura more than the Kagachi. She should've been the main character. Poor Mayura, anyone in that name in anime or games is destined to be childhood friend zoned character.








Since the drawing group has been canceled I attended a few online live streams on youtube where you watch other people draw, and chat. I like to either draw or clean when I watch these. It is pretty cool when you get your question or shout out acknowledged or read live. :)



All the sketches in this post have been started on the ipad. Except this redrawn old concept





Here are live figure drawings on the ipad with procreate.
25 Minute poses

Getting the hang of the Procreate interface.
When I paint digitally compared to traditional I combine mass gesture as well instead of just doing linear contour drawings. 








This pose was more complicated with foreshortening that I spent
more time trying to get the proportions right.












Hang in there everyone! Don't be selfish and do your part!





































0 comments:

Post a Comment