Copic Art: Satsuki from Kill la Kill



A few ago I completed a Copic marker rendering. I did not like the final! 
So I  reinked and rendered it again and finished it early last week. 
The results are way better and took me half the time to complete the 2nd rendered drawing. 

One thing I hated with art school is that they would make you redraw things multiple times. I used to get so annoyed with that. But like writing class the first draft isn't always the best. 
Now I embrace this concept of redrawing. If I can redraw something and make it better and spend half the initial time I spent to redo it and make it better then why not just do it? 
Real world application of leveling up in a game. 

There are times when it is better to abandon a drawing that to redraw it. 

Finally after about a year I figured out how to use my Craftwell ebrush airbrush system compressor!
It was fun and a delight to use!

Tools Used: Copic Markers, Airbrush, Copic Multiliner, White Gel Pen, Non-Photo Blue 
Mechanical Pencil Lead, Photoshop CS6





The 2nd version is way better than this other one!







Years ago I sketched this thumbnail.

















Digital sketches. Which I printed and traced the elements separately.





Printed out the digital sketches on 11x17 paper.
Traced and redrew certain elements with non-photo blue mechanical pencil lead.
I tend to draw light it was a pain to scan this.  

After scanning the blue sketch I adjusted the colors to be darker and then printed it out again and inked the drawing on another paper. When I redid the rendering I re-inked because I didn't like the way it turned out the first time. 








Used bristol paper to protect the edges because I couldn't find
my swivel blade for frisket film,




















































0 comments:

Post a Comment