Coloring Copic Frenzy



I've been coloring a lot of line art that has been sitting around the last few weeks.
It's been fun experimenting with different techniques. With skin tones I try not to
make everything look the same. Ari the top one was the most difficult to do because
he has severely pale skin and the bright colors I added made him look like a clown.
I generally don't use the colorless blender but It came in handy.

In the end I couldn't bring myself to complete the artwork for the art show.
Those pieces I wanted to show Gramps 4 days before he died, I never showed him those ones because he sounded sick. Unfortunately you can't plan or know how you will react to grief. I couldn't look at the work I was doing with the same excitement and vigor.

I don't feel discouraged or been beating myself up for not completing these works. It has been quite the opposite, now that some time has passed. Now I now feel more encouraged to complete some of these pieces for another show at this same gallery. ^___^  I have another chance.

As someone told me live to draw another day.







I found embarrassing old art! I found something I did when I was 16... about 11 years ago.
At that point I used Tombow markers for about a year and only just recently discovered that
Tombow markers were water based meaning you can add water or dip them in water for watercolorish effects. And I had one or two prismacolor marker skin tones...as you can see.




















































0 comments:

Post a Comment