Fall Arts Paseo 2017

The 4th annual The Paseo/Fall Arts show is here in a few weeks!

I'm excited! I've gone to all of them. If you are in the Northern New Mexico area this will be the place to be September 22 & 23!


The 2017 Taos Open Exhibition will be open to the public daily at the Guadalupe Parish Gymnasium, 205 Don Fernando Street, in the Downtown Taos Historic District. The show runs from September 22 - October 1, 2017.

Hours as follows:
Opening Artist’s Reception and 

Awards Ceremony, Friday evening, September 22         5:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday, September 23rd                                            10:00am - 8:00pm
Daily, September 24 - October 1                                  10:00am - 6:00pm

The above information is from http://www.taosfallarts.com/taos-open.html

Since this is still a relatively new thing there are a lot of kinks to be worked out. The first year was almost the best organized. Usually they have the light show Friday and Saturday. Seemed like they have changed it to a one day event on Saturday called Paseo Party on the Plaza for the light show. I'm a bit beefed about it because I would go both days and still miss some of the light installations.

Opening night is usually the best, something magical about it. Usually I go around 6-7 to look at the art on the show floor and then wander around. Come and say hi and look at some art!

Also my mixed media piece Hi, My name is Little Joe which is the Bear portrait will be there! Go & and see it!


More information here:
https://paseoproject.org/
http://taos.org/events/the-paseo/
https://paseoproject.org/event/paseo-party-plaza/


Taos Fall Arts Show 2017 Poster
Art by Ed Sandoval


I almost forgot to mention to on Saturday Morning the 23rd my Portrait Drawing group will be doing a demonstration at the Guadalupe Parish Gym where the art show is held from 10-1. You can watch us paint alla prima portrait.

Usually the models are amazed we all draw the same person different angles and the artistic approach is all totally different. Even if another artist is using the same medium too. 

Here are a few examples of some of the portraits I have done these last few months. 

Painted this one today. Used a different color
scheme than I usually do. 














I am also changing the posting format to  one week something informative or a random musing and then the next week something I have drawn/painted. Stay tuned for another post this week! about Weapons! 









































0 comments:

Post a Comment