Quest: lvl up

Your new quest has spawned!
Side Mission:
Quest: Level up your life



I browsing along on the internet today as many people do and encountered an article about this app called Quest: Level up your life.

Next thing I know I'm searching if it is an Android or ios device.
For right now it is an ios only device. The app is $1.99 which I got instantly. Became instantly hooked and enamored with it.


One thing that keeps me focused and on the right track is to have a daily to do list. I've been using Google Keep for awhile because of the clean interface and vibrant colors. It is still nifty. Also if you have a ton of android devices like myself then it syncs your lists to all your devices.


Another App I like because of the notebook paper look is Do it Tomorrow App which I usually just write my grocery list on. It also has a widget to take up part of your phone/tablet screen.




What is cool about the Quest task list is you set up your list of things to do and there is your hero and then the monster at the end of the line. One you complete your task.














As a quest or task is completed you see the hero take a stab at the monster and drop a gem. Collecting the gems makes the character level up and have cooler armor and weapons and sorts. Being a visual person and a completionist this is intriguing. So far after 3 objectives one levels up. 










I'm a sucker for electronics. I'm not really an early adopter. But I like to try out different things and experiment. I have: a google nexus 6 phone, a samsung tablet, 3 computers, 2 laser printers, an ipod,  6 different kinds of speakers, and i'm not quite sure how many headphones and earbuds I own.. I bought all this stuff for myself except the tablet that was a gift.

Late last year despite complaining about my Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 I got an ipod touch early this year. Some of my friends questioned what made me decide to get an ipod when one can listen to music on their phone.

One reason I choose the ipod was the sound quality in listening to music is clear, while on the phone there is some distortion and isn't as balanced in listening to music.
Despite never being able to clap in tune with a beat and no sense of rhythm I can hear music. I'm an audiophille. For example a song like this is groovy but if you didn't deconstruct the layers of music in there, there actually is an organ playing in the background.

Another reason is a lot of apps i've seen that seem cool or random are all for the Apple store. And When I finally got an ipod for me its so hard to find apps and the interface is confusing. Oh well I'll figure it out someday.


Another note the phone I currently have is the google nexus 6.
I used to have the nexus 4 but some idiot stole that one on top of having a terrible day that day. And I'm glad to have opted in never finding out who it was because I blank out when I'm real angry.


The nexus 6 is a whale and it can defeat practically
any phone in a sumo match except one person I know. 













The nexus has a phenomenal camera, processing power and battery life (I can leave it on for 2 days with high power apps on). Last week my friend was insulting my lack of direction in new areas. I keep insisting I already know and quit throwing it in my face. If they didn't quit insulting me I would seriously throw a brick and since I didn't have a brick I almost opted to throw my phone at them. I had this phone fall on my face before and it felt like a brick and my lips were swollen for 3 days...

With this fun side quest I'm still on the path of Journey this week.
Its on my new Quest: Level up your life list!
 just wanted to post something before next month.

See you! Until next time
Thanks for reading and following!
-K 

Just because people complain
I hide my face too much! 

































Destiny by Nagato from Gintama Season 6 is back! 
I like sometimes how foreign music isn't really literal in lyrics














Can't go wrong with a J Dilla track. 
Unless one completely ruins it terribly.




0 comments:

Post a Comment