Corel Painter 2016 Released! & Phantom Pain





This week if you didn't know Corel Painter 2016 has been released.
Painter is a digital painting program that emulates traditional mediums.
My new blog background was created using Painter 2016. With the Real Watercolor brush.

Looks real eh? The particle mapping is a bit more random and does not look formulaic and digital.

There are many new features in 2016 that one must try, Its more stable than
I've been using Painter since 8 and its come a long way from X crashing all the time. If there is a feature that you want in future versions write Corel a letter and say what you want. There have been several features added on with requests from artists. I am glad they have taken into consideration in some features I have wanted in the last couple of versions. There is a few more things I want added before I'll give a solid 10/10

For now 9/10 and in up coming weeks share new features and tips for having your workflow run smoothly in Corel Painter 2016.

Generally in the realm of Digital Painting I pride myself in being an Optical Illusionist. Where I either try to mimic traditional mediums while using digital mediums or if I photo manipulate a photo it looks natural and unphotoshopped.

As much as I love the look and the feel of traditional paints, watercolors and mediums I don't have time to use them. Waiting for paint to dry between layers and such.


Before one organizes their Painter work space increase your performance by switching out of Enhanced Brush Ghost mode by changing your preferences. I like the Iconic Classic mode the enhanced brush modes eats your ram up like candy. For just the thumbnail of the brush you are using to paint. Strokes take longer to register which can be work flow distributive.

I like to hide my toolbar on my other monitor hence the cut-off portion on the right

Its not fully customized yet with my tweaked brushes I like this arrangement. 

My Paint brushes are my main rendering tools. I use digital watercolors to get my color base at first, which I have hidden in another tab.




To be Continued!








On another note the release date keeps shiftig on this game for Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain. September 1 seems definite keep your fingers crossed! I'll definitely get this game before the year is out!! The (supposed) Final Chapter!
Part of me is really hyped about this game and another skeptic. 
Mixed Feelings!
I like the initial teaser trailer and conspiracies before the big reveal now it seems so melodramatic and be another tear jerker game. 





At least Keifer Sutherland is good. I'll still miss David Hayter. Also people are not too upset like when the reboot of DMC was announced and people refused to play the game because Dante did not have white hair... I played it because Ninja Theory has some of the best combat dynamics in the stylized fighting game genre. 




The Abridged Series of Metal Gear Solid I in a nutshell.


Metal Gear used to be hilarious and broke the 4th wall now its too serious and between 3&4 it is a tear jerker game that plays the feel string's violin.
For kicks several times I was the friend in the blue shirt and says Colonel tells you...Those are fighting words my friend!


My #1 most annoying characters in video games Raiden


At first when you hear this before you play Metal Gear 3 it sounds like so James Bond-esque and its kind of humorous. But as you play the game Snake Eater plays during the saddest part of the game so it conditions one to be all teary eyed. 

People have walked in on me while playing MGS 3&4 and ask what is wrong why are you bawling your eyes out? *Sniff  I'm playing this game and its just so sad and good. *Sniff don't judge.

I really hope 5 isn't a tear jerker. I can't take it this time.








My friend posted this and I didn't realize this game was so serious. When I played FFIV to me it was hilariously melodramatic in the way it was written back 20 something years ago. In the beginning of the game you are a sentimental dark knight who destroys villages to only transform to a white knight paladin and save the world and the moon.







On another side note my best friend thinks its absolutely hilarious if you are playing an online game to ask people,
"Now what's Cooler than bein' cool?"

I won't give away the answer it kind of determines if people are around our age group. I started asking people this as well and people struggle for the answer!
If you do know the answer its funny to ask people. And if you don't know the answer read up on some internet memes. And once you know its a fun prank to do.











On a good day I can imitate Humming Girl...






This used to be my jam.













Whad up SacTown?!


0 comments:

Post a Comment