Inktober 2018

Inktober is the celebration of drawing in ink and the love of drawing! A challenge to draw for 31 days for the month of October. This event was created by Jake Parker.



Visit here to learn more.




Also I got these lovely images from the website!
Check it out. It can be followed pretty much on any social media platform.



I am excited to participate this year and commit to it! I've always have been a bystander who oogled all the awesome art that is created from this.

My theme and prompts I decided to dedicate to this year is video game characters. I've played so many games I lost count. One time I had a discussion with my best friend and I mentioned I had about 40ish PS3 games... When I went back to count it actually is in the 60ish range! For just that one system.  Years ago I donated games and I still have a lot. My collection continues to grow. Even though I am pickier with the games I play and do not play as much.

Currently I am playing the PS2 version of Odin Sphere. It is extremely good I am not finished and it has to be in my top 5 games I've played.

So today is day 11 and I have 10 more to catch up!
I have this weekend to do so.
This theme motives and excites me.

My first submission for today is Stan from Okage: Shadow King.
This drawing was only going to be black and white only in ink but I ended up adding color with Copics!

Haven't used the ink medium for years and leveling up my drawing and painting skills has helped me handle the medium better.




My collection of Inks, Pens and Nibs

The drawing is as big as a post-it-note.
The entire process less than an hour.

I mainly used the Copic multiliner ink brush and .5 pen.


Sketches



Inked and the underlying sketch remains

Erase out after the ink dries.



Block it in and Ink it.

Was going to end here and then just place the yellow eyes.
I failed at the black smoke but oh well! Next time is another
chance to maybe nail it.



Funny how I used the pens I thought were no good!
Time puts things in perspective.
And getting better drawing helps!
Especially when you can utilize line sensitivity.

There is no magic pencil or pen!
You have to put the magic in said pencil or pen!




Finique!






Cropped version




Stan isn't the type of character to be contained in a
box or magic lamp. Hence drawing him overstepping
his boundaries outside the box.








































































0 comments:

Post a Comment