Practice, Practice, Vector Work


Back to basics basics, practicing my shapes and pen tool in Adobe Illustrator. 
Finally get the hang of doing some vector graphics after dabbling in it not consistently for about a year. This is based on other images I saw, and found. Just need to find that sweet spot of translating the knowledge I know in Photoshop to Illustrator. 

I swore never again to work multiple jobs, here I am again working  multiple jobs. At least they are both Graphic Design jobs. A.R.T related. Yay! One of them I can work at my own pace so I am no longer working to the point of subtracting time from my lifespan and the other at a custom t-shirt 
print shop.

An artist friend asked recently if I was ever trained as a Graphic Designer, the answer is no. I come from a Illustration draw and paint background. The principles of art and design are very similar. My art school Academy of Art University emphasized presentation with your art homework when you turned it in. That was how I landed my first Graphics job because I had a ton of layouts of my homework. An example is my American Illustration History class my essays were in an article format with images. So I would write the essay, research the images, and place them in a pleasing format. I never thought I would work as a Graphic Designer, as a teenager I was not interested in it because you really
 don't draw that much. I worked on this with just a mouse. 

Also I like to research random bits of information art of random facts that eventually it accumulates to something. Its awesome that everyone at my new job is a Graphic Designer and some other type of artist. I learned to streamline the process in Illustrator by watching my co-workers work. Everyone there is so nice and humble, and don't mind explaining what they did. 
I'm excited and motivated to improve my vector work. 



































Listen to music while you work on projects. 


































 

0 comments:

Post a Comment