August Figure Drawing

In these times searching for some sense  of  normalcy of pre-pandemic times is totally scared. Bonus points if you can social distance and not harm others. Earlier this month I started doing online figure drawing workshops with Art Center students. One of the students that goes to brainstorm and Art Center invited us to check it out. It has been a blast so far. I'm pretty rusty but hey I'm learning and having fun! 

I've been doing figure drawing digitally. I bounce between Photoshop and Corel Painter.


One of the reasons I started going to figure drawing sessions was because I was taking online classes. I would go to my crappy fast food job and then just go home and repeat, repeat, repeat. Doing that for one semester drove me nuts!

I have my anti-social moments, but need some social interaction. But now-in-days with the pandemic things have to be online, video chat, text or phone. It helped I took a Brainstorm Inland class and it was live online. Everyone was able to get to know each other pretty well. Sometimes we draw together and do voice chat or share screens on discord or google hangouts. Some social interaction.

I learned about the local figure drawing sessions from the local art store. It took me months to actually attend a session. (I can be extremely shy at times.)

I've been to numerous figure drawing sessions and workshops, it was part of my routine and a staple in my life for several years now. It isn't ideal to study figures online instead of live but something is better than nothing. 


Hang in there peeps! It is hard for everyone. 

Stay safe!

& keep drawing! 














There are more drawings but they aren't as good. Or I drew the same thing numerous times to try to get the hang of drawing and understanding the pose. 






























Songs on my playlist

23 - Rejjie Snow ft. Caroline Smith

Chances - Kaytranda ft. Shay Lia

Rocket Science - Trey Coastal

My Love (Cover Justin Timberlake) - The xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment