Pokefusions #1


About 4 years ago or so I made a pact to myself, (which I break sometimes) is not to buy any more sketchbooks. I have so many sketchbooks that it'll take years to fill them all. Also it is hard to keep up which drawings are in which books. Since I had extra time, I've been trying to organize my computer files and scan misc. sketches from different sketchbooks. Its a process and a pain, but it will be worth it.

One of the sketches I came across is something I drew a few months ago when I discovered the poke fusions site. I had tremendous fun drawing these.

Check out the PokeFusion | Here |

This fusion thing only has the original 150 pokemon.
I stoped playing after there was like 250 pokemon, I hear these days there are close to thousand pokemon.





Back then it was so hard to draw pokemon. And I was a little show off with being the best kid that drew pokemon from the magazines and imagination. With years of experience now they are so easy to draw.  When I was a kid I got these books from the scholastic catalog, they rocked my world. Besides drawing from these books I would pause the game and draw the characters and backgrounds.



I remember I had a special little pokemon folder that I made. I drew on the cover this giant pikachu and he had one disproportioned huge ass foot compared to the other. I hope I still have it, it'll be hilarious. But I'm not ready to clean my shed yet.

Here is my effed up #pokefusion



I didn't copy the fusion 100 percent. I took elements I wanted and removed some.
Version 1 is with green eyes. I wanted to make it "kinda" cute and relatable. The black eyes in Version 2 look like a creepy endless abyss. Either way I wouldn't want this pokemon in my party because I'm shallow and cosmetic with having to completely like what my pokemon look like.

With the pokefusion I clicked on the button 100 times to see what results I would get. At first I kept on getting extremely ugly ones and I wanted to at least draw something cute, cool, or have limited messed up ones. But if Hitmontuff jumped me in tall grass I'd be scared. I mean this thing doesn't have a mouth to eat. This is basically a blood thirsty punching jackie chan rip off rabbit thing. So not cute.


This was a quick and fun exercise, I rendered this yesterday and today and it didn't take that long. I'll definitely do more of these.   
















These are the ones I drew.






These are some examples of absurd fusions.


This one is the coolest one I got! This one will be a fun one to draw





















































0 comments:

Post a Comment