Millicent Rodgers Miniature Art Show 2018

The other week I finished my submission for the Millicent Rodgers Miniature 2018 art show. It's my first time submitting work into this show. The quality of art is pretty high and there are so much awesome work from what I saw. This is a miniature show all the artwork meets the requirements of no greater than 100 square inches in size. 

The Millicent Rodgers Museum is a creative fundraiser that raises money for the museum which houses a large collection of Northern New Mexico Art. Half of all art sales goes to the museum as well as tickets.

Opening night is on Friday February 9th 5:30-7:30pm and tickets are $15 upon entry.
Miniature show is a month long event from Feb 9-March 4th, after opening night it can be accessed
during regular museum hours.

Main Museum Website

About MRM

MRM Miniature Show website link













I was a bit nervous dropping my submission off for the MRM show. At times if you work on something for awhile you tend to hate it since you've looked at it a lot and the mistakes that are part of the piece become glaringly obvious.  Whenever I look at it I zero in on the mistakes. The handful of people I showed my submission actually liked it. I hope nobody was trying to be nice not to hurt my feelings. Normally I am not a perfectionist with these kind of things but for once I feel that way. The drawing looks better from far away. There are parts I had fun messing around but to say I am anxious is an understatement. Another thing is I had to submit it super early so it'll be a full month since I last seen it in person not sure if the time distance will be a good or bad thing in my opinion and feelings towards it.

Some people like to be different just to be different. I tend to fall into the category my ideas are different so it just happens to stand out and be unintentionally different... At times I don't mean to stand out but it just happens.  From what I have seen a lot of people submitted landscape art. I thought of doing landscape art but with the time constraints I didn't want to do that or experiment. It started off as a joke with a friend about what I was going to do and ended up making it real.

Also My piece is called Delightful and its only $399 ;]

Alas haven't made that Magnum Opus yet. Have to concentrate and focus on my portfolio more.
Which is exciting and also a lot of work needs to be done.




















































0 comments:

Post a Comment