Painting Portraits Practice

Usually on the weekends I have time to attend the weekly portrait group and paint. Normally I don't stay the whole session Most of these are never completed or were painted in under 2 hrs.
At times I feel like painting is self flagellation. More not so good mental beatings of bad drawings but I still continue to paint! My mentor used to say portraits is the most complex and difficult subject matter compared to a landscape and such.

The last month or so my focus is bridging and fine-tuning my knowledge of Adobe programs
such as InDesign and Illustrator. Any Photoshop user to Illustrator will tell you this a nightmare.
And any AI to PS user will tell you the same. A customer even gave me her old AI book to use and reference because we had a conversation about being the polar opposite and wished me luck
in my challenge.

Unlike other Adobe suite products where most of the time the base knowledge is transferable.
AI and PS are polar opposites. the shortcuts, terms, and menu placement is different from the other. I'm ready for this challenge and I am more open minded to learn AI. years ago I took a class on it and pretty much had the attitude and arrogance of why bother learning this skill...and I got a new game console too .


These paintings were done at different points this year. With the really bad ones I just paint over it and reuse the canvas for something better.































































































0 comments:

Post a Comment