Ink Pen Supplies





Here is a general overview of the materials I used for Inktober.


Papers





This Strathmore marker paper is a new product that I recently tried. This is wonderful paper. It is thick but also smooth and not translucent. Usually I use bristol paper with marker work, but that can soak and eat up the ink in the pens too much.  In the future I'm going to use this as my go to.

Towards the end of Inktober I used the Bienfang Graphics 360 pad because I misplaced the Strathmore pad. This is decent paper but it is semi translucent and light weight. Ink bleeding happens a lot. Had to get this paper for art school.


Ryan Spahr did the artwork on the Strathmore pad.












A) Copic multiliners. Plastic light weight barrels, with smooth consistent ink flow.

B) Color ink Copic multiliners. Wish I had more colors!

C) Copic Multiliner SP has replaceable cartridges and has more options with pen thickness and has a stainless steel barrel.

D) Sakura Micron. They are hit and miss with what quality you get. Sometimes great and other times the tip is chewed up. The ink doesn't usually last as long as the Copic brand.


White highlights



I've found Prismacolor white color pencil, Sakura gel pen and the Sakura pen touch work well with white highlights.



Usually I keep these supplies in a super cute container. :3




I have more pen & ink materials but these were the ones that I was able to use comfortably after not using these for a long time.

























































0 comments:

Post a Comment