Missed and Hit

Hit and miss. Missed more than hit something. But those moments the Ah-Ha! moments make it worthwhile and exciting.





This quote is from the book the "Art Spirit" by Robert Henri which is very inspirational highly recommended.

“The sketch hunter moves through life as he finds it, not passing negligently the things he loves, but stopping to know them, and to note them down in the shorthand of his sketchbook.”

Last week I was bummed to be extremely late for the drawing session. I made it to the last hour where only two twenty-five minute poses were left. I did not warm up and felt like fish out of water. Made a horrible drawing. This was a disapointment. I didn't expect to make a masterpiece or a magnum opus. But there wasn't a single redeeming quality to justify this action. To top it off midway through I had forgot to bring an eraser. Which topped the stress level.

During the break before the last pose something clicked. I remained in my seat and started warming up making random strokes. I observed the model. The mannerisms the quick gestures I caught them. Within the next session I was able to focus and got into serious mode trance. Where everything just flowed. My hand was in coordination with what I was seeing. Next thing I know I was able to recreate the model.

I live for those moments where I get into a trance with drawing. Not thinking about anything just doing. This is one of the reasons why I draw.



Another note when I mope around about terrible drawing I refer back to this.
I've reposted this I don't know how many times. Its a good kick but be warned there is excessive profanity to prove the main point. ;]  http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135551






Currently this song is stuck in my head. Am so tempted to say this when a friend calls me in the middle of concentration mode when drawing. Nothing wrong with living under a rock. (Sometimes)



                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua6KeFNJJTU

0 comments:

Post a Comment